Relationships are the key to PEI’s success and these long term relationships have served us well over the past 37 years. McCree General Contractors and Architects was our first client in 1977 and we continue to serve them today.
PEI provides professional engineering services to a diverse commercial building clientele for the construction of churches, banks, offices, retail, restaurants and industrial facilities. Services that include tenant build-outs, facility upgrades and energy conservation measures, and of course new construction.
- Provided design for numerous Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC) central energy plants to serve their downtown district chilled water loop. These designs utilized state-of-the-art primary and secondary pumping systems linking multiple plants together for system optimization. To date, we have completed the design for multiple plants with a total capacity of over 20,000 tons of cooling.
- PEI provided full MEP construction documents for the recently opened Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista South. This project consists of a 12 story high rise with a full height environmentally controlled atrium and a 75,000 sq. ft. convention center with laundry and full convention center kitchen. Special atrium smoke control systems were included to enhance the building safety. Fire protection, mechanical, electrical and plumbing design were provided by Peninsula Engineering, Inc. The owner of this resort, Sierra Land Group, has used PEI exclusively for all of their Florida projects for over 20 years.
- Peninsula Engineering, Inc. provided a complete life cycle cost analysis and design documents for the replacement of the existing chiller plants and HVAC control system. The driving force of this project is energy savings. With the projected savings, the airport will be able to install two new chiller plants and controls with a payback of less than 10 years. The existing facility is approximately 350,000 sq. ft. To date the chilled water plants have been replaced and the measured energy savings have met and exceeded all expectations.
- The University of Central Florida set out in the early 2000s to renovate the City of Orlando EXPO Center to house their School of Film and Digital Media (now called the UCF Center for Emerging Media). The 117,000 sq. ft. renovation was broken up into five phases of design and construction with the initial phase including the replacement of all HVAC systems with a new design appropriate for classrooms and sound sensitive studios and labs. The electrical systems were upgraded for critical power supplies for computer equipment. Specialty lighting and controls were added for theatrical productions and other studio functions. The facility houses faculty offices, classrooms, labs, an auditorium, sound stages, and a cutting edge motion capture studio. The project received much praise for the successful partnering between the City, UCF, the State and the private sector and was honored with two awards, the Downtown Orlando Partnership’s 2005 Award of Excellence and the Associated Builders and Contractors 2008 Award of Merit.
- Peninsula Engineering has worked with the developers of Marilyn Monroe Spas to create functional environments for an exclusive spa experience. Peninsula’s services include the development of air conditioning and exhaust systems that comply with stringent spa and salon ventilation requirements, lighting design packages to provide the proper ambiance within the spa, and complex plumbing designs incorporating the client’s custom-fabricated pedicure chairs. Look for this exciting new spa experience to open later this year in South Carolina, Central Florida and Georgia.
- Peninsula Engineering continues to provide LEED Certifications and Energy Star Ratings for high-rise office towers, retail strip centers, and numerous other types of buildings. We have completed these projects for highly respected clients such as Colonial Properties, Jones Lang LaSalle, Manulife, Carter & Associates, CNL Properties, CB Richard Ellis, and Flagler Development. Peninsula Engineering has numerous LEED Accredited design professionals capable of providing complete building plans for LEED Accredited construction, and Energy Star Ratings for existing buildings.